Thursday 1 March 2018

Fairydust minialbums for March minialbum makers challenge

Hello everyone and happy March, - the month Spring is meant to start here in the Northern hemisphere. As far as I am concerned, it can't come soon enough.
It being the first of the month, there are several new challenges starting today, so I will share another project later in the day, but here is the one for the Minialbum Makers.
I am off to Australia later in the month to spend time with family and my two grand daughters, and when I saw the gorgeous G 45 Fairydust collection, I knew straight away I wanted to use it to create something for them. 
So I made them each a little book with lots of the fairy images (they both love fairies) and photos of themselves from when they were babies up until now.

I used the Eileen Hull cardbox die to keep their minis in, and obviously created the minis themselves, so they would be the right size to fit inside them.
The albums themselves are very simple envelope minibooks. I used Kraft envelopes as the substrates.
These are very simple to make. You just slot the pointed bit of one envelope into  the opening of another one, like you can see above. I used 6 envelopes for each booklet. But rather than giving you a longwinded explanation of how to put it together, here is a link to a video, that explains it really clearly: Video

After I glued my books together I trimmed the sides so the finished booklets would fit into the book boxes. This also gave me side pockets to add photomats.
These are the products I used:
6 kraft coloured envelopes for each booklet, plus
 The Graphics 45 Fairy Dust collection 8 x 8 papers, the 12 by 12 Patterns and Solids, the Ephemera and Journaling cards and the chipboards and stickers, and I have still plenty left to decorate two wooden treasure boxes which they will also get, but that I will leave for another day.

Below some photos of the insides of the albums:
Here are the fronts, I made them identical, just using different colours.
Lots of pockets and tags. Behind the bellyband on the left is a photo mat with their photos. Inside the various pockets are also further folded mini booklets with more photos.



As you can see, there are plenty of interactive elements on each of the pages.



Inside this pocket is a little accordion booklet that closes with a magnet.
Here you can see it folded out, and on the other side are more little photos on each page.
Here is one that closes just with a belly band
And here some more of the little tags and accordions fitting inside all those pockets.
And here finally the two little girls themselves, having fun dressing up as fairies...
The spines of the book boxes holds their names, no confusions as to which book belongs to whom.
Alright, and because I know some of you will be curious what they look like,
This is Lucia the elder of the two, when she is not pulling a silly face
And this is Arielle, always cheeky and full of fun.

I realize this is not much of a tutorial but hope the pictures tell their own story.

So thanks for staying with me and do make sure to check out the wonderful books and albums my team mates have created, just click here. Our sponsor this month is no other than the amazing Seth Apter. And if you play along with our challenge you could win a full set of his new embossingpowders!!!
So, get your craft on create an album or minibook of any kind and join us for our challenge!!

Thanks for your visit like always
xxxxx

22 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely little albums, those gorgeous kids will surely love and treasure them. Valerie

brenda said...

You granddaughter are going to love what you have created for them Astrid, all little (and much bigger) girls love Fairies and this G45 collection is lovely. Have a wonderful trip.

Meanwhile keep warm.

B x

Margaret Mifsud said...

Oh my goodness, these are just stunning Astrid!! The papers are incredible .. such pretty colours and fabulous images. You have created absolute treasures here. Your Grandies are gorgeous and they will absolutely adore these. Have a wonderful trip down under and travel safe! hugs xx

Annie said...

Your beautiful grand daughters are going to love their fairly journals Astrid x Fabulous details and so much to look at x Will be wonderful to watch their faces as they look at all the photographs and varying sections you have created.

TFS and huge hugs x Here's hoping the weather improves so we can meet up next week

Annie x

Jackie PN said...

Your beautiful little granddaughters will surely love their faerie books from you! How adorable those girls are- I bet they are so much fun!! Lucky you!
Jackie xo

Mrs.B said...

Fabulous little albums, full of lovely images and details, your beautiful grand daughters will love these. Bet they can't wait to see you.
Avril xx

Meggymay said...

Your grand daughters will love these delightful fairy books. Each one is gorgeous, filled with great details. It was a good tip to use the envelopes as page bases, I'd forgotten about this method.
Yvonne xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Beautiful albums and beautiful adorable granddaughters :) Cheers, Shirleyx

Redanne said...

Astrid, the papers are beautiful, I love the colours on each of the albums and the images are so lovely. I love all the pockets that you added and can just imagine how excited Lucia and Arielle will be when they open their albums and see all those wonderful elements inside!

I hope you are keeping warm, it must be lovely to look forward to warmer weather in Australia! Hugs, Anne xx

Dorthe said...

From the first photos, showed , I knew they were made for your sweet grandkids, :-) - such lovely names the have , Astrid .
They will love the books, and all the fantastic pages, pockets and tags you have created for them- with the pretty Flower Fairies , I also love. I have some of the first published books with them , and treasure them, as these two books, will be, too !!
A gorgeous work of art dear !!
Hugs, Dorthe

froebelsternchen said...

They will adore their fantastic books from granny! Oh my godness , what happy, lovely sweet blessed girls to have such a grandmother!
I love your fairy books Astrid, even though I am a grown up granddaughter without any grannies any more!
Mine were wonderful as well and made both the most wonderful dresses for. I was blessed as well!

oxo Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, your granddaughters are going to love these! What a great way to use the fairy G 45 papers, you have created so much beautiful detail and it looks so tactile and interactive too - perfect 😁. Your granddaughters look so adorable, and I'd love to see their faces as they discover all the magic these albums contain when you see them later this month - how exciting! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the rest of your week! J 😊 x

SewPaperPaint said...

Your darling grands will adore these Astrid! What a great idea to size the envelopes to fit the box. Really inspiring and beautiful use of this paper. I love that you have openings for the tabbed slide-outs. Fabulous detail! Have a great trip. Hugs, Autumn

Robin said...

Beautiful - Beautiful - amazing books & 2 fun & lovely girls to spend time with. Enjoy your trip!

Kate Yetter said...

Your albums are so gorgeous! I have yet to acquire this paper collection but your albums make me want it all the more. Just lovely! Sounds like fun to be off on a trip. Have fun and hopefully you will have gorgeous weather.
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

Your fairy books are gorgeous, but not as gorgeous as those 2 little girls. They will love the books I am sure. I bet you can't wait to go see them! Hugs-Erika

Maryann Laursen said...

Such amazing and gorgeous albumsfor some truly gorgeous little fairies them self here Astrid. They´re both absolut adorable, and I mean both the girls AND the albums as well. Stunning work as always hun, and have a wonderful time, when you go to be with your lovely family.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

These will be real treasures for your Granddaughters to keep. They will adore flicking through them for generations to come. I adore the fairy theme you have used so magicial. Loved seeing your process and what's inside up close.. I really do need to get my hands on this die as I know it would be so useful to me to document so many things.
Thank you for sharing your creation and beautiful family with us all Astrid what fun you will have on your visit.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

Sandy said...

You Fairy books are gorgeous! I love the color combinations.
Astrid you have the most beautiful granddaughters and I know they will love their new journals and trinket boxes. Have a wonderful time Sugar and please take some pictures for us!
Sandy xx

Julie S said...

What a lovely project for your sweet granddaughters!

Gloria Stengel said...

What a wonderful way to use the beautiful paper! I am sure the girls were thrilled with their books! I love all the pull outs and extras you added! Just lovely!

Deb said...

These are so wonderful Astrid, your grands are going to adore them! Thanks so much for sharing them, beautiful work as always, Deb xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key