Monday 1 January 2018

Ring in the New for Mixed Media Monthly challenge 44

Hello lovely friends and welcome to my second post today! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!!
The theme over at MMM is "Ring in the New", and I decided to do that by using some of the old 😉.
I created a tag using up left over papers and embelishments fromrevious projects created throughout the year. Now my desk is clear (well mostly anyway) so I can ring in the new. But before I give you an overview of how this was put together, - here is our beautiful graphic for this month:
Remember to add it if you are going to play along with our challenge.

I started by cutting two tags with a Tim Holtz die from pieces of left over Blue Fern papers, wetted the one that was going to be on top slightly to make it easier to roll up and then attached the two together as you can see in the picture.
I also stencilled a couple of snow flakes to give it all a bit more of a wintry feel.
Next I cut a number of branches from the same papers using the Tim Holtz greenery die and selected a few other embellishments that I thought would work together on this tag.
And here you can see how I put it all together...
The sentiment was computer generated, cut to size and then I edged it with Stampendous Ancient Silver EP to add a bit of dimension.
The little dove is a resin embellishment, I highlighted the raised bits with treasure gold in Pewter.
The heart was cut from chipboard with a Tim Movers and Shapers die, given was the crackle treatment as follows: Paint it dark brown with acrylic paint, add a coat of  Decoart Weathered Wood Crackle glaze and when this is touch dry, add a second layer of paint, (I used a cream coloured one) - the cracks will start to appear pretty much straight away. I then added some Distress inks still around the edges and finnally wound some rusty wire around it all. The branches were tucked in at the top and that was pretty much it.

Well, I hope you like my tag, and if you have not been over yet, please check out the MMM Blog to see what my teamies have created, and of course we would love it if you played along. Check out the blog for details of our prize this month and happy creating. Have a fantastic month!
xxxxx

38 comments:

Heather McMahon said...

This is gorgeous! I adore the wire-wrapped heart!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is fab Astrid, great use of those leftovers such a shame to hide them all away (says she that has tubs and tubs of *leftovers!!) A beautiful tag indeed.. Off to check out the earlier post that I seem to have missed.. Happy New Year!
Warm Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

HAPPY 2018 Asrid!
Wow a fantastic TAG - terrific is this !
oxo Susi

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous tag Astrid. The die cuts you added look beautiful.
Yvonne xx

Dortesjs said...

Gorgeous delight love this post, happy new year from me in denmark

Dorthe said...

So adorable , dear Astrid .I love the soft background you created for the beautiful bird, and the heart so wonderful wrapped in wire.
Gorgeous use of left overs, -I love it!!!
Dorthe, xoxo

Mrs.B said...

A gorgeous tag Astrid, love the design with the die cuts.
Happy New Year,
Avril xx

Rita said...

What a fabulous tag to start of a new year Astrid. Lots of interest going on with this one. The colours are so muted and show off the embellishments do well. Here's to a Wonderful Year ahead. Hugs Rita xxx

maria f. said...

Such a pretty collection of goodies, I love how you've kept the tone so serene however. Hope your 2018 is a good one.

Redanne said...

I do indeed like your tag Astrid, it is beautiful. I love the rolled element and the dove is gorgeous. The other elements you added finish the tag off so beautifully! Hugs, Anne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a beautiful tag! It is so detailed and I loved seeing how you created it too 😁. I had the same idea of using up some leftover bits and pieces, not sure it cleared my craft space either...lol 😉. Thanks for the inspiration for the wonderful theme over at MMM and wishing you a very happy and creative New Year! J 😊

Estelle said...

WOW - simply stunning!!

Amanda White said...

Absolutely beautiful I love your work xx

Patty O'Malley said...

Beautiful tag, Astrid! Love the greenery peeking out of the flap.

Annie said...

an amazing tag and a great start to your 2018 creations Astrid xx Love the details you have incorporated, especially those stunning adornments

Happy New Year

Annie xx

chrissie said...

Happy New Year Astrid

What an amazing tag with such beautiful ideas and inspiration

Love Chrissie xx

Pamellia said...

Hi Astrid. Such a beautiful tag, as always! Just wanted to say Happy New Year!! I hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday! Thank you so much for all of your support and inspiration in 2017. May 2018 be a year of crafting, friendship and good health!! sending hugs :)

Jackie PN said...

What a stunning tag and such a beautiful way to Ring in the new year!
I am always so happy that you take the time to share how you put things together Astrid! You are awesome for sharing-thank you!
May 2018 bring you and your family all good things!
Love and hugs,Jackie xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

A WOW of a tag, and love the whole new year theme...simply gorgeous!

sarascloset said...

Another gorgeous creation, and what a way to start off the New Year! I love that rolled paper and the cluster peeking out over the top of it. The crackled heart is stunning and I'm inspired to go try my mediums to see how they will crackle together....hmmmmm. Gorgeous make, Astrid! Happy New Year!

PaperCutsForU said...

Stunning in every way . . brand new follower!

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous tag!!!!!!!!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, scrumptious! What a glorious wintry tag - the snowy branches and fir fronds, the fabulous wire-wrapped crackled heart... it's just wonderful, Astrid.
Alison x

Priya Satish said...

Love the small details in the tag. Lovely inspiration

Karen said...

Stunning! Thanks for the tutorial, I really need to pull out my greenery die!

Lagene said...

WOW! Awesome tag, thanks for the details on how you made it! I love the rolled down portion!

Sarah G said...

I love your tag - so elegant with beautiful texture! Thanks for the inspiration :)

Anonymous said...

Love your project Astrid!! It is amazing. Thank you for the inspiration!!!!

VEANA R. said...

Wow! Amazing tag ! I have those Sizzix dies too and I just adore them. Thanks for share with us your project. I really like how you made a design and put all together.
Hugs,
Veana

Cathy said...

Gorgeous tag Astrid, love the soft colours and that gorgeous crackled heart. Thanks for sharing your process, Cathy x

Jane said...

Hi Astrid..wow this is an awesome tag..so many lovely elements and textures xx

Mac Mable said...

I really enjoyed reading your post, as I have just 'found' crackle paste and this has given me another way to try it, so thank you for the inspiration on this fabulous project x

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Astrid, a gorgeous tag xx

Karen Petitt said...

This is absolutely stunning Astrid! I love everything about it and the way you've rolled the paper back so that the ferns and leaves come out is inspired. I love, love, love it and may have to CASE it my way! Thank you for all the fabulous inspirations you share with us xx

Drea Slee said...

Such a gorgeous tag!! Love all of the dimension and techniques you used!

Marjut said...

So beautiful!

Inkysplatters said...

Wonderful idea and beautiful result. The rolled paper with the greenery is lovely and it's finished off fabulously with the bird and the heart. Thank you for the inspiration and for such a beautiful project.

Lilian said...

Beautiful tag!
Lilian
The Leaf Studio

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key