Thursday 14 January 2016

Times Flies

Hello everyone and welcome. I am sharing a large tag card today created for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge blog where the theme this month is Time Flies.


As I was in Australia when the challenge went live and I had forgotten to schedule it (duh) I could not post it then, so I am sharing it today, and boy, time certainly does fly!! I can't believe we are nearly half way through January already.....
I used a size 12 tag as the base and added some texture with the help of a Tim Holtz layering stencil and some clear texture paste. I crinkled it up a bit for some more texture and then coloured with Distress Spray stains  in Brushed Pewter, Antique Linen and Iced Spruce. 

I also did some background stamping with the help of a text and crackle stamp.
Next I worked on the central panel made from some corrugated card.
I tore the bottom edge, added some gesso and texture sand paste (Decoart) and when that had dried added some patches of colour with the help of some Black Soot and Vintage Photo Distress Ink Sprays.
On to the embellishments:
I die cut and embossed  a variety of dies, the Tim Holtz Layered wings, some snowflakes and an element from the Spellbinders Iron Accents die and coloured them with Iced Spruce Distress Ink. I also added some  Vintage Platinum Distress Glitter Dust to the wings.
The focal point was a clock cut from one of my papers I designed for the C'est Magnifique Christmas collection. I added some crackle with a crackle stamp to it.
Now all I needed to do was layer it all up together, and finally mount the tag on some dark green card.
The sentiment was created with the help of some letter stickers from my stash.

Our January Guest Designer and Sponsor is Mixed Media Artist Cheryl Boglioli of Cheryl Boglioli Designs!!
Cheryl is a mixed-media artist on the leading edge of new products and techniques within the various disciplines of the ever-growing market. As a full-time Artist with an intuitive painting style and passion for teaching, you can find her Living the Art Life ™, traveling and teaching workshops at independent stores and events nationwide in the US with her renovated 1970 vintage trailer, Glinda. If you see her along the way, she even gives tours and appearances with Glinda. See more of Cheryl and her adventures at www.cherylboglioli.com.

To find out more about our challenge, all you need to do is click HERE  and meanwhile, thanks for visiting like always!

27 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Clocks, cardboard, crackle and wings - this has to be a fave or me. Hugs, Valerie

brenda said...

As always a super creation Astrid, I wold love to be a fly on your wall watching you go through the processes to come up with your artwork.

B x

chrissie said...

Very beautiful Astrid and thank you for sharing how it came to be so beautiful.

Love Chrissie xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

What an amazing tag, dear Astrid , I love all the details ande all the differant techniques you used, great ART as always!!

Have a lot of fun creating beautiful ART!!

Greetings
Maria

Diana Taylor said...

Absolutely beautiful - I love the gentle colours and the exquisite textures on the background. The clock face with the little girl is adorable and it has such a lovely wintery feel. Just perfect!

Patty O'Malley said...

Oh, this tag is gorgeous, Astrid! I love the sparkle and shine to it and that wonderful clock! As stated above, just perfect!

Pamellia said...

Just as gorgeous as always Astrid! I love that you did a wintery tag, the wings fit perfectly for an angelic winter theme. Love the corrugated cardboard background, amazing techniques! hugs :)

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing techniques on this stunning piece Astrid! Fantastic!
oxo Susi

Dorthe said...

Astrid, it is beautiful magic, I`m loving every bit of it, and the color tones you used. A winter glittery world, with the angel singing . Your background and the clock are gorgeous created .
Dorthe Xxx

Unknown said...



Waouhhhhhhh superbe. Bravo

Meggymay said...

A beautiful winter vintage tag Astrid, the textures and details as always look gorgeous.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Wow Astrid, this piece is fabulous. The lovely textures make it look so tactile too. Need to try and get my artistic brain into gear. Hugs Rita xxxx

experiments in paper said...

OMG, Astrid!! The background alone here takes my breath away.... fantastic!! I love all the other pieces and particularly your colors as well. Brilliant!! Much needed inspiration, my friend - thank you! xxx Lynn

Margaret Mifsud said...

Another stunning creation Astrid!! The background is amazing and I love the added crackle stamping. The subtle colour and lovely textures are just fabulous and you captured the wintery feel beautifully!! Love, love, love this!! So pleased you are back safe and sound too. Next time you come to Aus, we must try to meet up. Spending a little time with you and Heather would be heavenly!! hugs xx

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous tag Astrid! Love all the texture and shimmery detail! The vintage image is beautiful!

Maryann Laursen said...

Fabulous work here once again Astrid. I love what you´ve done here with the background, it all looks sooo amazing and the colors are sooo perfect too. Everything goes soo well together.
Have a wonderful week-end ahead here nowand hopefully you´ll have some time to play too. Have fun sweet lady.

mamablitger said...

Astrid you created a lovely piece of art. I love what you shared in this post. Fabulous grungy style ! You always inspire with your art. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

sarascloset said...

Awesome tag in it's entirety, but I love those grungy colors, the angel wings with that Vintage Glitter Dust (love that stuff, and your wings are nothing but pure inspiration to me!) Your clock from your papers is the perfect focal point in all this lovely crusty work! Fabulous and truly inspiring! Pinned! Hugs!

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous tag with wonderful textures and details. I love your angel in the center :) Your step by steps are fantstic as well. Take care, Shirleyxx

Unknown said...

PRECIOUS PRECIOUS.... j.

scrapwordsmom said...

beautiful!! Not only do I love your tag but your blog is so cozy...I love all the vintage images!!

Words and Pictures said...

Really stunning - the icy sheen and shimmer is wonderful - perfect for the ethereal colours and the crackled clock face is gorgeous with its sparkling wings. Time is indeed flying with frightening haste!
Alison xx

Jenny Marples said...

So much beautiful texture and shimmer Astrid! Love what you've created for this challenge. Jenny x

Jackie PN said...

Astrid! this tag has been added to the top of my favs list!
Each layer of textured yumminess added just fills this piece with interest and glamour! Makes me want to feel it ! I love textures!!
Gorgeous my friend! xo

Deb said...

Beautiful Astrid, love all the layers and textures and your clock is so lovely, that wee angel is one of my favourite images! Deb xo

Boozybear said...

I love everything about this tag so much so i am debating buying the products used. I love all the layers stencils, stamping crinkling- so many layers and they all work beautifully together.

Suzanne C said...

Stunning! I love the way you blend your colors and textures on your backgrounds they always are gorgeous! The angel wings behind the beautiful image of the girl and clock is fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key