Monday 13 June 2011

Mona and Friends annual ATC swap




These ATCs were done for a swap which the wonderful Marion from Bockel 24 is hosting. It is an annual blog ATC swap with the theme Mona and Friends. The aim is to make 3 ATCs with altered portraits of women by Rennaissance artists. You can find out more about this swap here

I decided to do all three of my ATCs with portraits of Angelo Bronzino. Though each one was a quite different portrait, they all have a similar look. I decided to alter mine in a sort of Gothic style, but not dark Gothic as I don't like that apart from at Halloween time.
I created the background with old papers, gesso, acrylic paints and inks. The images were altered with bits from two Paper Whimsey Gothic sheets and some bits from free collage sheets from Pringle Hill Studios and Paper Scraps. Thank you ladies!

16 comments:

bockel24 said...

Wow, Astrid, I love your Renaissance ladies!!

Anke said...

Geniale ATCs liebe Astrid, gefallen mir durch die Bank weg wahnsinnig gut.

Herzliche Grüße
von Anke

Janet Ghio said...

I love your cards!!

Terri Kahrs said...

I thought I recognized that chapeau!!! So happy that you've used it to create these little goodies. They wonderful, Astrid. Full of charm. I love that you didn't do "dark" Gothic, but kept true to your romantic, lovely style! Hugs, Terri xoxox

Martina said...

My goodness, Astrid! These ATC's you really managed perfect. I'm thrilled! Press my fingers crossed that I get one of them ....

Cindy Adkins said...

Wow, how totally gorgeous!!!
XO
Cindy

Alexandra said...

wow I hope I get one from your ATCs

fatmonica said...

They're all stunning!

Ineke Original said...

Lieve Astrid,
Ze zijn geweldig! Petje af!

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works very good, creative and interesting,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Glenda said...

Love them Astrid. I am looking forward to getting my returns from Marion

Taluula said...

Astrid, you have your own beautiful style, and it shows so well in these lovely ATCs. Fabulous, my friend.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Astrid! These a beautiful each one and bit by bit of color and texture. Great job! It was nice to see your name on Marion's annual and I'll keep my fingers crossed that I may get one!

Fiona (anubis 1 ) said...

Oh Astrid these are just simply Divine. I hope I am a lucky recipient of one of these little Beautys.

Ingeborg said...

Deine ATCs sind einfach traumhaft schön geworden, da kann man auf Marions Rücksendung gespannt sein!

Barb said...

Oh my! These are fabbo! I hope I get one of these in the swap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

One World One Heart

Photo

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Birthday Card

Birthday Card
Just got a whole lot of new stamps from a brilliant place called the Stamp Smith. This is the image that I first saw on Docraft and really liked. I asked the friend who has used it in an ATC, where she got it. Well she borrowed it from a friend who got it from ebay as a one off. But.... it had a title. I googled the title, and hey presto found the site. They have great stamps and offer a really friendly fast service. I highly recommend them!

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Gothic Arch Trifold inside

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Back of Gothic Arch Trifold

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch Within the Heart

Gothic Arch, the Key

Gothic Arch, the Key